AgLaunch July 2018 Newsletter
July 12, 2018
Recruitment for the next cohort of AgLaunch365 has begun!
We’re looking for the next generation of agricultural innovation companies to join Phase I of our flagship program – AgLaunch365. Ideal applicants are addressing real world problems specifically targeting row crop production. Example problems include spray drift, herbicide resistant weeds, nitrogen and water management, automation and labor, robotics, precision planting, grain bin management and logistics. We are open to discussing other sectors and approaches so please let us know if you are interested and want to clarify if you would be considered. AgLaunch365 participants will have access to investment capital, a fantastic network of farmers, and a proven process to grow really exciting companies in the agricultural innovation sector. The application can be found HERE.
A few quick updates and then we’re back to farm visits, field trials and AgLaunch365 planning.
June saw us cover hundreds of miles to meet with Farmer Network members and see 2018 field trials in action. One thing’s for sure, the AgLaunch Farmer Network is a group of some of the most innovative, thoughtful, and hard working farmers. We’re glad to partner with them.
We’re underway with our first Knoxville Bootcamp, working with several startups from across Tennessee. Special thanks to UTIA, UT Research Foundation, Knoxville Entrepeneur Center, LaunchTN, and the Tennessee Department of Agriculture for their partnership in the program.
AgLaunch is planning two upcoming Field Days, please consider joining us for a morning of ag innovation, novel conservation systems, and new markets for crops. The first will be on August 2 at Growing Acres Farm in Savannah, TN. The second will be on August 9 at Agricenter International in Memphis, TN.
RSVP for upcoming field days on August 2 and August 9, 2018
- WHEN: Thursday, August 2nd, 2018
from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM (CDT)
- WHERE: Growing Acres Farm
550 Lacefield Dr
Savannah TN 38372 US
- WHEN: Thursday, August 9th, 2018
from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM (CDT)
- WHERE: Agricenter International
7777 Walnut Grove Road
Memphis TN 38120 US
AgLaunch in the News
- AgLaunch Bootcamp underway in Knoxville
- Rantizo mentioned in AgWeb blog on solutions for resistant weeds
- EarthSense’s TerreSentia robot featured in Science Daily
- Skycision’s Brandon Carrol featured in NASDAQ Interview
- Kilimo receives investment from Yield Lab
- Persistence Data Mining’s remote sensing management zones in Precision Ag
- AgriSync announces capital raise lef by Memphis-based Innova
- SwineTech on CNN
- GroGuru wins seed funding in Radicle Automation Program
- Rabbit Tractor, WISRAN, others to participate in Farm Progress Show with our friends at the Iowa AgriTech Accelerator
- Indigo Ag launches ag data platform
- The Seam forms Cotton Technology Alliance, brings data standards to industry
- Life in the Silicon Prairie: Tech’s great migration to the Midwest
- Venture capitalists find rising market in rural America: data-loving farmers