AgLaunch365 Call for Applications
Applications Open Until 08/13 for AgTech Startups to Participate in First Phase of AgLaunch365
Farm-Centric Program Assists in Field Trials & Attracting Investment
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (July 17, 2018) – AgLaunch Initiative is excited to announce applications are open for Phase I of its nationally recognized commercialization approach – AgLaunch365. The program combines its leading accelerator approach with its network of innovative farmers in a flexible wrap-around model that revolves around the agricultural production cycle. Teams that are accepted into AgLaunch365 are eligible to receive pre-seed investment from Innova Ag Innovation Fund, a $31 million Rural Business Investment Company whose limited partners are eight farm credit banks.
“AgLaunch365 is revolutionizing the way agricultural innovation is brought to market,” says Matt Bell, Managing Director, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures. “AgLaunch365 accommodates the specific needs and timing of those working in the agricultural industry in a unique farm-centric model that is unparalleled in the industry,” he said.
Areas of interest include:
- Precision Farming (management of inputs, soil, water & crop tech)
- Farming Technology (new equipment, robotics & automation, harvest & storage)
- Supply chain & Logistics (processing/productivity tools, diagnostics, & food safety)
Here are a few of the tools that AgLaunch365 participants will have access to:
- Customized programming focused on agriculture from AgLaunch and lean method approach to scale growth and operations from Start Co.
- Support from a national network of agricultural-focused mentors and service providers including Archer Malmo and Baker Donelson
- Pre-seed investment and access to our network of ag & food VCs
- Commercial scale field trials supported by a cost-share program
- Direct access to Farm Journal Media as an exclusive media channel partner, including behind-the-scenes access to events like AgTech Expo
“We are excited to participate in AgLaunch365 as the leading way to connect our farming operation with developers of new technologies in a way that is beneficial to both,” said Scott Fullen, President, Mid-South Family Farms.” “AgLaunch365 is bringing the right people – from investors, entrepreneurs, and those within the ag industry – to a region that supports innovation and agriculture,” he said.
AgLaunch365 operates in three phases (business model, field plan, and implementation) over a 1 year period, allowing startups to participate in the phase or phases that are relevant to each company’s stage of growth. Entrepreneurs who participate in Phase I will have dedicated blocks of time for programming in Memphis, Tennessee, but also have flexibility to travel or be in the field to conduct normal business and assignments in-between programming.
Applications for Phase I are due by 5 p.m. CT on Monday, August 13, 2018. Phase I starts the first week of October 2018.
For more information on AgLaunch365 and access to the application go to: http://aglaunch.com/aglaunch-365
AgLaunch (www.aglaunch.com) supports agtech startups, builds collaborative farmer networks and addresses gaps in the regional food and ag innovation ecosystem. AgLaunch is a partnership with Tennessee Department of Agriculture and a network of farmers interested in helping create new opportunities.