As agriculture is fundamentally changing due to shifting consumer demands, climate change, and market
forces, there’s an exciting opportunity to address these challenges through technology, diversity, and
inclusion. AgLaunch is working directly with farmers, agtech startups, and entrepreneurs to address issues
on farms. AgLaunch envisions a transformed regional agriculture and food economy centered around
farmers, innovation, and prosperity.
Along with the AgLaunch digital and farm teams, the Field Research Agronomist will be working directly
with farmers and partners to ensure they are prepared to participate in the changing farming landscape.
This position reports directly to the Field Trial Manager and will serve as AgLaunch’s “boots on the
ground”, working closely with the AgLaunch Farmer Network to plan, implement, and track field- and
farm-level trials with the AgLaunch Portfolio and agtech startups.
What the Field Research Agronomist Will Do:
• Work with all kinds of farmers and innovators to accomplish field trial goals
• Acquire soil samples within the network and understand soil analysis
• Maintain monitoring of weed control, diseases, and agronomic notes for AgLaunch’s Digital Acre
• Precision in documenting data results and report results to Field Trial Manager
• Assist in establishing protocols, execution of field trials, and field days
• Maintain a strong farmer rapport, as well as keeping communication open between startup/entrepreneurial companies and the farmer.
• On-farm meetings with farmers to visit trial sites and communicate back to Field Trial Manager
• Promote AgLaunch as the leader in Ag-tech accelerators
• Support, where possible, all teams within the AgLaunch organization
• Attend field days and university meetings to stay abreast of new technologies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
What the Field Research Agronomist Will Bring:
• Ability to diagnose field crop plant and soil causals of injury and/or nutrient deficiencies
• Experience in field work whether it is on farm or research plot work
• Knowledge of field implements that perform specific task.
• Soil analysis and nutrient needs.
• Degree in Agronomy, Plant or Soil Science or related fields from an accredited university
• Knowledge of on-farm operations a plus.
• Is a motivated, self-starter, and sets goals to accomplish.
• Ability to work and travel alone, as well as work and interact in team efforts.
• Willing and able to take the CCA exam (AgLaunch will cover associated costs)
• Knowledge of and exhibits:
• Computersoftware platforms
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Team player
• Takes initiative
• Assertive learner
• Problem solver
• Independent worker
• Please note that this is a field-based role that involves working independently and traveling to farms within the AgLaunch Farmer network and field days that may require prolonged standing and walking in fields
• A valid driver license is required.
• Remote, at-home work option with an AgLaunch and farm offices available for meetings and training
• May be required to occasionally lift up to 50 LBS.
• Position is based in Memphis, TN
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
• Competitive salary and benefits, including mental health support
• Flexible working hours
• Generous holiday and vacation leave
• Benefits, including health insurance, retirement contributions, and disability insurance
AgLaunch does not tolerate discrimination of any type and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability, or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State, or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. AgLaunch is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women and minorities, and persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com with “Field Research
Agronomist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.