ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
As agriculture is fundamentally changing due to shifting consumer demands, climate change, and market forces, there’s an exciting opportunity to address these challenges through technology, diversity, and inclusion. AgLaunch is a nonprofit organization that is working directly with farmers, agtech startups, and entrepreneurs to address issues on farms. AgLaunch envisions a transformed regional agriculture and food economy centered around farmers, innovation, and prosperity. AgLaunch is looking for an Operations & Administrative Coordinator with experience in supporting a small business and/or nonprofit and its executive team. This person will have a substantial role supporting AgLaunch employees, particularly the Executive Director, and its leadership team. The Operations & Administrative Coordinator will act as a link connecting partners, stakeholders, and staff members by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, as well as monitoring administrative
projects. The qualified candidate will both be committed to the mission of AgLaunch and have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of AgLaunch’s work.
The Operations & Administrative Coordinator Will Do:
General office management, including administrative, business and facilities support functions, maintenance of office equipment, procurement of supplies and relationships with vendors and service providers.
Executive Director Support
● Maintains Executive Director’s calendar and his scheduling, prioritizing and coordinating meetings, and making travel arrangements;
● Prepares resources and materials for Executive Director for meetings;
● Supports Executive Director’s work with the Board of Directors, including scheduling Board and Committee meetings, assisting with materials preparation, attending and taking notes at meetings and preparing minutes;
● Organizes and maintains Executive Director’s paper and electronic files;
● Assists Executive Director with his communications, including opening, reviewing and prioritizing his mail, making and returning telephone calls on his behalf, and drafting, for his approval, correspondence to organizational partners and other stakeholders; and
● Maintains and keeps current key organizational materials, including Board lists, manuals, and letterhead.
Administration and Operations
● Staffing reception desk, receiving in-coming calls and routing them appropriately as well as greeting visitors; receives in-coming mail and handles timely distribution, ensuring appropriate dissemination;
● Meeting and logistics coordination related to AgLaunch events and special projects;
● Primary administrator for databases, CRM, and management tools such as Airtable related to tracking projects, clients, and farmers;
● Managing and tracking budgets, billing, and invoicing in Quickbooks and project files,
particularly related to the TN Ag Enhancement Program through TN Department of Agriculture.
● Maintaining and organizing email contact lists and some correspondence
● Federal grant and contract experience preferred
● Assisting staff with:
– Travel coordination
– Meetings, events, and conferences preparation, including on-site representation
– Administrative support in the development of contract proposals
– Special projects as required
The Operations Coordinator Will Bring:
● Operating and managing small business and/or nonprofit office operations
● Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma and experience
● Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher), Google Platform, and QuickBooks
● Experience with Quickbooks and Airtable
● Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures, including personnel files
● Experience with Federal Government Contracting preferred
● Experience in the agricultural sector preferred
● Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
● Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
● Self-motivated and able to initiate tasks without being asked
● Commitment to the mission and getting the job done by being flexible
● High professional ethical standards and comfort with diversity
● Work both on site and in a virtual environment with little or no supervision
● Operate in changing and fast-paced environment
● Evaluate situations with details and facts from several points of view, while being open to direction and feedback
● Driver license is required.
● In-office position with some remote, at-home work options with farm offices available for meetings and training
● May be required to occasionally lift up to 50 LBS.
● Position is based in Memphis, TN
Salary Range: $55,000-$70,000 based on experience
● Competitive salary and benefits, including access to mental health support
● Flexible working hours
● Generous holiday and vacation leave
● Benefits, including health insurance, retirement contributions, and disability insurance
AgLaunch does not tolerate discrimination of any type and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State, or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. AgLaunch is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women
and minorities, and persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com with “Operations & Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.