DIRECTOR OF GRANTS & CONTRACTS
As agriculture is fundamentally changing due to shifting consumer demands, climate change, and market forces, there’s an exciting opportunity to address these challenges through technology, diversity, and inclusion. AgLaunch is a non-profit organization that is working directly with farmers, Agtech startups, and entrepreneurs to address issues on farms. AgLaunch envisions a transformed regional agriculture and food economy centered around farmers, innovation, and prosperity.
AgLaunch has been growing steadily over the last five years, going from an incubated business to a standalone non-profit with multiple funders and contracts and booked revenue in the millions of dollars. It is now seeking a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded Grants Manager with experience managing a range of federal, state, and philanthropic grants across multiple people and projects.
DIRECTOR OF GRANTS & CONTRACTS WILL:
The Director of Grants and Contracts will manage the organization’s overall grant efforts, optimize the grant administration process, educate staff on policies, maintain grant compliance, manage grant databases, and prepare and submit all grant progress reports. The Director of Grants and Contracts will implement effective metrics collection processes and establish a CRM if needed, with an understanding that many of our partners and collaborators are small rural and urban farms. The Director of Grants and Contracts will be responsible for calendaring and communicating all grant reporting deadlines, and will work with the AgLaunch president, contracted accounting firm, and program managers as needed to complete, submit, and file necessary reporting, taking responsibility for meeting high standards of effectiveness, timeliness, and completeness, including:
- Skillfully managing several grants across federal, state, and private funding sources that all have different reporting deadlines, requirements, and regulations.
- Maintaining master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence.
- Monitoring and maintaining funder and investor reporting schedules and requirements.
- Tracking progress toward organizational and programmatic outcomes and goals.
- Gathering and maintaining supporting documentation, as appropriate, for submitting invoices to funders.
- Working with program managers and AgLaunch president to draft compelling progress reports and targeted program updates (visually compelling reports, graphs, and one-pagers) to funders and the Board that fully capture programmatic success.
- Assembling all necessary supporting materials and documents, including budget reports. outcome measurements, success stories, etc., to submit reports to funders and investors.
- Researching statistics, trends, and data for grant proposals and community advocacy.
- Supporting time and effort reporting requirements across all grants and program staff.
- Assisting the AgLaunch president, and senior staff with preparing, packaging, and submission of grant proposals and applications, as well as support special project initiatives.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of experience in grants management, with preference toward candidates who have experience in Federal, State, and private funding sources.
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivation with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in an effective and efficient manner.
- Must be able to communicate and work closely with a small, diverse team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Workspace.
- Experience with donor development/CRM software systems a plus.
- Familiarity and experience working with national and governmental funders and their portals, websites, and requirements.
- Ability to nimbly manage and calendar several grants from various funders with a wide range of deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication with good writing and editing skills and ability to understand how to connect with farm-centric partners and collaborators.
- Demonstrated interest in the mission, vision, and values of AgLaunch.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. AgLaunch is prepared to offer a compensation package that includes a salary range of $85,000 – $95,000 based on experience, as well as health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k with employer match, EAP, employer paid life insurance, flexible work hours and schedule, and an unlimited paid-time off policy. AgLaunch is based in Memphis, Tennessee, and extra consideration will be given to local applicants, but excellent remote applicants may be considered.
AgLaunch does not tolerate discrimination of any type and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State, or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. AgLaunch is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com