About The Organization:
As agriculture is fundamentally changing due to shifting consumer demands, climate change, and market forces, there’s an exciting opportunity to address these challenges through technology, diversity, and inclusion. AgLaunch is a nonprofit organization that works directly with farmers, agtech startups, and entrepreneurs to address issues on farms. AgLaunch envisions a transformed regional agriculture and food economy centered on farmers, innovation, and prosperity.
AgLaunch is looking for an Innovation Programs Coordinator to assist the entrepreneurship team in guiding start-ups, and to help the farm team support farmers who trial new technologies. In addition, the Innovation Program Coordinator will support the Vice President of Innovation with administrative tasks. The successful candidate must have experience in planning and executing projects, managing records and external communications, and be committed to the mission of AgLaunch with a willingness to learn about all aspects of AgLaunch’s work.
The Innovation Programs Coordinator will be responsible for the following areas:
Entrepreneurship Team Project Management:
● Develop detailed project plans to implement and track program progress.
● Coordinate with internal and external teams to ensure all projects are delivered on time. ● Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including attending meetings with stakeholders, and recording notes and minutes.
● Report project status to leadership and escalate issues as needed.
● Effectively utilize project management systems.
● Produce high quality deliverables under tight deadlines.
● Effectively motivate and persuade others to meet project milestones.
● Develop and apply change management strategies and communications plans to ensure stakeholders and team members are informed, bought-in, and executing project outcomes.
Farm Team Project Support:
● Support the farm team director in managing farm trial implementation.
● Oversee the administrative responsibilities of the TAEP and Iowa reimbursement programs. ● Provide administrative support to the AgLaunch Farmers LLC.
● Coordinate with the AgVentures Alliance team to ensure exceptional experiences for farmers.
● Create and maintain file organization for programs, including agreements, contracts, and scope of work documents.
● Maintain CRM database for farmers and start-ups.
● Monitor email inbox and process AgLaunch entrepreneurship program applications. ● Draft press releases, social media posts, and newsletter content in coordination with the marketing team.
● Work with AgLaunch teams to plan and produce events such as field days, in-person accelerator programs, and showcase/demo events.
● Liaise project members, cross-functional teams, external vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure deliverables, requirements, schedules, costs, and meeting plans are communicated.
Additional Support to the VP of Innovation:
● Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
● Manage calendars and set up meetings.
● Assist with travel accommodation arrangements, and expense reporting.
● Format memos, emails, presentations, and reports for internal and external communication. ● Organize and maintain the electronic filing system.
Qualifications and Skills
○ Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate degree will be considered.
○ Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
○ Extensive experience in managing projects and records.
○ Excellent verbal and written communication.
○ Organization and attention to detail.
○ Critical thinking and problem solving.
○ Meeting facilitation and reporting.
○ Teamwork and collaboration.
○ Experience with start-ups and agriculture.
○ Customer relationship management (CRM) software experience.
● Position is based in the Memphis, TN area, and is a hybrid of virtual and in-person with frequent in-office meetings and training, as well as occasional field days and other regional in-person events required. While position is 80% remote, candidates should live in the Greater Memphis area to be available for regular in-office meetings, errands, and special events.
● Flexibility required for travel approximately 10-15 days per year, as well as occasional nights and weekends for special events and seminars.
● May be required to occasionally lift up to 50 LBS.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. AgLaunch is prepared to offer a compensation package that includes a starting salary of $60,000 based on experience with health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k with employer match, EAP, employer paid life insurance, flexible work hours and schedule, and an unlimited paid-time off policy.
AgLaunch does not tolerate discrimination of any type and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State, or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. AgLaunch is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to Rajah Brown, Vice President of Operations, at: email@example.com